The Production Manager will coordinate, facilitate and maintain all aspects of Struts & Faucet’s production and technical operations. Specific duties include the coordination of production programs, festivals, orientations for local and visiting artists, and basic, intermediate, and advanced workshops. This position reports directly to the Board of Struts & Faucet.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proficient knowledge in all aspects of video production and post-production
- Awareness of contemporary media arts in Canada
- Administrative experience
- A resourceful and creative approach – with the capacity to be self-directed and work independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work well with fellow staff, artist membership, visiting artists, partnering organizations, and community members
Additional technical knowledge in other areas of media art (film, new media, audio) would be considered an asset, as would an understanding of public arts funding and any experience with grant writing, mentorship, and project management.
Salary: $30,000/+benefits/4 weeks paid vacation
Hours: 35 Hours per week (some evenings and weekends)
Deadline: November 18, 2019
Start date: January 1, 2020 (flexible)
Struts Gallery & Faucet Media Arts Centre is dedicated to:
- Presenting exceptional contemporary art to the public through exhibitions, artist residencies, festivals, screenings, and performances
- Providing public workshops on a wide variety of contemporary art methods and concepts
- Facilitating public artist talks and lectures by artists and arts professionals
- Operating a resource library of contemporary film, video, and texts on contemporary art
- Promoting the development of media art by providing training, facilities, and specialized equipment
Applications can be submitted by email to the Board’s attention at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include with your application a cover letter, resume, and contact information for up to three references.
Struts Gallery & Faucet Media Arts Centre is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage applications from candidates who are members of racialized communities, women, indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage within diverse communities.
All candidates will be notified regarding the outcome of their application.
Struts Gallery & Faucet Media Arts Centre
7 Lorne Street