Projected Start Date: October 5, 2015
21 hours a week at $12/hr
Struts Gallery & Faucet Media Arts Centre has fostered the creation and presentation of contemporary art practices in Atlantic Canada since 1975. As the only media arts centre in Atlantic Canada that facilitates the production of all types of media art, our membership ranges from experimental filmmakers to new media artists to documentary video artists to performance and sound artists.
The Production Coordinator position is a part-time year-long contract position with the possibility of renewal.
- Coordination and implementation of all technical workshops including communication with workshop facilitators and workshop participants, logistics, set up and documentation.
- Providing one-on-one assistance to visiting artists participating in the Ease on Down the Road: Emerging Media Artist Residency program.
- General duties associated with the gallery and media centre operations.
- Knowledge of contemporary media art practices as well as knowledge of software and hardware related to those practices.
- A degree/diploma in media arts, film, an arts-related field, or equivalent.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Focused, motivated, and capable of working well with others in a small organization.
- The ability to work independently.
- An eagerness to learn.
- A sense of humour.
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday September 11, 2015.