$15/hr | 35hrs/week | 16 weeks
May 2 – Aug 26, 2022
Deadline to Apply: Friday, April 15, 5pm Atlantic
Students must apply through the Experience Mount Allison Portal: https://experience.mta.ca/home.htm
Struts Gallery is a dynamic artist-run centre presenting a year-round program of exhibitions, artist residencies, workshops, youth programs, and cultural events in Sackville, New Brunswick.
Working closely with the Gallery Director and Production Manager, the Open Studio Coordinator will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks related to our annual Open Studio Residency Program and our broader summer activities. The successful candidate will work directly with staff and visiting artists, helping to facilitate residency projects, exhibitions, and events. Work could include in-studio production, research, volunteer recruitment and community engagement. The Open Studio Coordinator will also help publicize visiting artists and promote their work and events using design, photo/video, social media, and communication strategies.
The Open Studio Coordinator will also support the installation of Summer Members Projects and our weekly fundraising BBQ’s while assisting with day-to-day activities of the gallery as they pertain to administration, maintenance, and communications.
• Demonstrated interest in and engagement with contemporary art studio practices
• Should be well versed in digital content creation and social media
• Comfortable working to deadline
• A quick learner with a keen eye for details, with strong visual, writing and communication skills.
• Comfortable working in a Mac environment and skilled with basic computer applications.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite Photoshop is an asset.
• Experience with digital video/photography would be an asset.
This position is co-funded Mount Allison Experiential Learning and Young Canada Works (YCW). All applicants mustmeet the eligibility requirements for these internships.
• be a returning Fine Arts/Art History/Museum & Curatorial Studies student at Mount Allison University
• be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
• be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment
• be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada (non-Canadians holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible)
• be legally entitled to work in Canada
• will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with the program
• are not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed with the program.
This job is designated a Mount Allison Internship, meaning that students will participate in Internship orientation/training (prior to start date), regular reflections, a final report and be willing to provide pictures and a short summary that the Office of Experiential Learning and Career Development can use for promotional purposes.
Struts Gallery is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly encourage and will prioritize applications from equity-seeking groups (Indigenous students, students with disabilities, LGBTQ+ students, people of colour, etc.).