Call for Submissions | Struts Media Arts Microgrant Deadline: November 14th, 11:59PM AST
Have a new project in mind and need some money to get the ball rolling? Struts Gallery is excited to announce a new initiative to help support artists with the creation of new media arts projects. The Struts Media Arts Microgrant is a microgrant open to artists based in Atlantic Canada and supports the creation of new media arts projects (video, audio, XR, film, new media, performance, etc).
Successful applicants will receive a one-time grant of $2000 and a $2000 in-house production credit (including equipment rental, software use, facilities use, and support and training from Struts staff). Short-term accommodations may be available upon request.
Proposals will be assessed by a jury consisting of Struts staff and community members. Successful proposals must publicly acknowledge the support of Struts Gallery on social media and elsewhere when applicable.
Proposals must meet the following criteria:
In one combined PDF:
- Current artistic CV (maximum 3 pages);
- One page project proposal;
- Technical requirements (equipment, facilities use, etc.);
- A list of images/audio works/video works; and
- A short biography (max 250 words).
For images and video:
- A maximum of 10 images (max resolution of 1280px on each side, 300 DPI, JPEG);
- A maximum of two video/audio works, linked via Youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud, etc; and
- A headshot.
Proposals can be submitted with the subject title, “Struts Media Arts Microgrant SUBMISSION” by email to the Production Manager, Lucas Morneau at lucas[at]strutsgallery.ca. Feel free to contact Lucas if you have any questions.