START Gallery Coordinator
$16/hr | 12hrs/week | 32 weeks total
Aug 28 – Dec 16, 2023 | Jan 1 – Apr 20, 2024
Deadline to Apply: Wednesday, April 5, 11:59pm Atlantic
Students must apply through the Experience Mount Allison Portal: https://experience.mta.ca/home.htm
Struts Gallery is a dynamic artist-run centre presenting a year-round program of exhibitions, artist residencies, workshops, youth programs and cultural events in Sackville. START Gallery is a juried gallery space designated for and run by Mount Allison Fine Arts students hosted by Struts Gallery. Exhibitions are held during the fall and winter semesters and the gallery is administered by the START Gallery Coordinator. This initiative provides Fine Arts, Art History and Museum & Curatorial Studies students the opportunity for hands-on development of professional practices.
The START Gallery Coordinator, under the guidance of Struts Gallery Staff, will coordinate and oversee all student-led exhibitions throughout the year. Responsibilities will include volunteer recruitment, the promotion and publicity of student exhibitions and workshops, communicating with artists, organizing and leading the START Gallery committee, and installing and striking exhibitions.
· Must be a returning Fine Arts/Art History/Museum & Curatorial Studies student at Mount Allison University
· Experience with social media
· Comfortable working in a Mac environment
· Skilled with basic computer applications
· Demonstrated interest in contemporary art forms
- Working alongside a professional arts organization
- Organizing events such as workshops and exhibition receptions
- Organizing promotional materials for exhibitions, receptions, and workshops
- Professionally installing and striking exhibitions
- Organizing and leading the gallery committee
- Organizing and leading peer review and selection process.
This job is designated a Mount Allison Internship, meaning that students will participate in Internship orientation/training (prior to start date), regular reflections, a final report and be willing to provide pictures and a short summary that the Office of Experiential Learning and Career Development can use for promotional purposes.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and current resume at: https://experience.mta.ca/home.htm
Struts Gallery is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly encourage and will prioritize applications from equity-seeking groups (Indigenous students, students with disabilities, LGBTQ+ students, international students, people of colour, etc.).